Chanel Le Volume De Chanel Mascara Review

Wednesday, 10 September 2014




Let me start off by saying that I don't normally splurge on high end mascara, for a couple of reasons. First being that my eyelashes are pretty much hopeless.... short, thin, pretty well non existent, and if I want a nice full lash I normally resort to false lashes. Secondly, like most people I am not in a position where I can fork over 30 bucks every few months for mascara, and there are quite good picks at the drugstore that are quite comparable in my mind to many high end versions! But, every girl's gotta treat herself once in a while, and I always get my hopes up and think- hey, maybe this mascara is the magical solution to giving my full thick voluptuous lashes!

I chose the Chanel Le Volume De Chanel because a couple of very well respected makeup artists and YouTubers that I love highly recommend this for thin lashes. I decided to give it a shot even though it is not waterproof (normally I choose waterproof because it doesn't run in the heat, and it helps my lashes hold a curl), I simply went with the shade black.

I was pretty shocked the first time I put it on at how clumpy it made my eyelashes look! I was not expecting that at all, no one likes clumpy lashes and this was a pretty well reviewed mascara. I decided to give it another shot, and another.... and another.... but each time, clumpy lashes is what I got! The really spidery kind, the brush would not separate my tiny thin lashes and with the thicker wet formula it made them look pretty clumpy and spidery. Mind you, I will say that it did give me quite a full lash effect- if you're into that sort of thing, but I am not a big fan of the spider look. I want my lashes to look fluffy, long and separated, and I am sorry to say that I just did not get it with this mascara. And you never feel very good about forking over that kind of money without getting brilliant results! What did end up helping a little is wiggling the want at the root of the lashes in a back and forth motion for as long as you can and then zig zagging the wand as you pull it through. The helped to separate the lashes a little bit and make them look a little better. But honestly, I would save your money on this one.... A mascara you pay that much for is not worth that amount of work!

I would be interested to know if anyone has tried this and loved it, or hated it!

xx Jenna

2 comments:

  1. I like the look of the brush! Shame you didn't get along so well with this mascara! :(
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER