August Favourites

Thursday, 4 September 2014


I am so late on this favourites post but I really wanted to get it up because I am loving so many new products this month! As always, I will start out by saying that there are a few products that don't usually change for me month to month (my holy grail status products) and if you are interested in seeing those you can click here. So lets stop chatting and get into the favourites!


First off is this MAC Careblend Pressed Powder in shade Medium Deep, which I use as a bronzer. I saw Jaclyn Hill use this in one of her videos and I just loved how natural and sunkissed it looked on her and I had to try it out myself. Honestly this is the easiest bronzer I have ever tried to blend- ever. Because it is a face powder (and a very silky one at that), it glides on and looks just like skin and almost melts into your makeup. It looks so stunning and what I love about it is the shade selection, because its a face powder you can use any shade that is darker than your skin, and since they are a face powder they have a very realistic skin tone shade range. I am loving medium deep, I have also tried Dark which I like for contouring! It is about 30 dollars Canadian which is a great price for a high end bronzer!


I recently posted about this Lorac Pro Palette saying that I was loving it and guess what? I am as obsessed with it as ever! I have been neglecting my everyday shadows for this palette, it has the perfect amount of matte and shimmer shades, the looks you can create with this are endless! I can't find enough time to try out all of the colour combinations I am dreaming up in my mind. All of the shades are intensely pigmented, long lasting, easy to blend (minus espresso which does take me a little bit of time to blend out) and simply gorgeous! I am so in love with this and if you are going to buy any palette on the market right now I would recommend this one.




I hang my head in shame and admit to you that I have fallen in love with the Kylie Jenner lip trend. The brownish nude lip is so so hot in the beauty community and I do love hopping on the bandwagon, however, I like to put my own spin and touch on it as well. I want any trend I follow to suit me and flatter my features and complexion best! So these 3 lipsticks have been my go-tos this month, they are so natural and flattering.
Dolce Vita is a lipstick I have repurchased over and over, I just love the way this looks on my lips, it is my perfect sheer natural lipstick. It is so hydrating and makes the lips look plump and supple, it has a pinky mauve tone. Amsterdam is a gorgeous matte rosy nude, it is more on the pinky brown side, and this is my personal favourite take on the Kylie lip for my skintone, it is matte and creamy like hers and doesn't dry out my lips. Jubilee is my most recent MAC purchase and I just love the brown tone to it, but somehow it doesn't look muddy or unflattering on my lips like some browns do, like the NARS, it is more of a creamy sheer formula. Lastly the Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Natural N9 was one of the little items from my Sephora birthday package and I am OBSESSED with this shade!! It is so perfect for the fall season, I really want to buy the full size of this. It is the perfect mauve, nude with serious red undertones which is so flattering. I just love the creaminess of this formula, yet it has a very pretty soft almost satin finish.


I'm not sure what the deal is with my pores lately but they have been large and in charge... and this product has seriously been a life saver for me. I love the creamy texture on the skin, it doesn't feel greasy like some other primers I have tried. It makes the skin feel like satin and also provides a smooth surface for your makeup to lay on, which makes the skin look flawless. On top of that it helps my makeup last longer!


I have mentioned these products before and I am seriously wearing them out! Beccal Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal is probably the most beautiful highlighter I have ever seen in my life, smooth, creamy, pigmented, with golden shimmer, it is simply stunning (and worth the price since I have barely made a dent in it after 4 months). Becca Songbird Blush is this gorgeous coppery, bronzey orangy red that is so perfect for the fall season and looks so rich and gorgeous on the cheeks. I love the formula of Becca products and I recently discovered that my Sephora is carrying the Opal highlighter which is great, I hope they get more products in from the line!



The Loreal Super Liner Mat MATIC caught my eye when I walked into the drugstore, I loveeee matte eyeliners (I can't really stand shiny liners I feel like they don't look as flattering), and I was in need of a new pencil. I love this as a pencil, though if you want to smoke it out you need to work quickly because it is a slightly drier texture. But what I have been using it for the most is actually going on top of any liquid liner at the base of my lashes to give it a serious matte look, it almost looks like a gel. By going over the bottom of the liner only, you give the illusion of a matte liner with the precision of the liquid line on top.
The MAC Costa Riche Liner always comes back into my routine around fall, it is such a gorgeous brown with orange undertones that looks insanely gorgeous in the waterline for all eye colours. If you don't want to go for a black liner in the waterline but still want the drama this is amazing.



Alright so I need to give you a little bit of background on this product. When I was in my mid teens I used to watch the show Ghost Whisperer with Jennifer Love Hewitt, in the second season her makeup artist started doing really dark bronzey looks on her eyes that looked absolutely stunning, this was actually the beginning of my makeup obsession! I started trying to create looks like hers using whatever bronze eyeshadows I could get my hands on. Fast Forward 8 years later and I still rewatch episodes of the show, and with a little more experience in the makeup department I can much better replicate her look. I actually went online recently to try and find out exactly what eyeshadows she used, and I found that this shade was one that her makeup artist frequently used in the 4th season. Well I am not only obsessed with the shade, but the formula. It is so creamy and pigmented and shimmering. Such a gorgeous pigment! You should look up Melina Gordon Ghost Whisperer to see the look for yourself.

Wow that was a long one! I am all done with this month's favourites and I would love to hear yours!

4 comments:

  1. In love with the lipstick shades, they are all gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much jasmine! You are too sweet :)

      Delete
  2. I love the Porefessional primer too! It's so lovely and worth the money!

    Love this post :) xx

    http://leahpaige9xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fantastic? Thank you so much Leah!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER