Sephora Haul

Thursday, 24 July 2014






Hello beauties! Hope you are all soaking in the sunshine and having a fantastic week. I made a little stop at Sephora today to get my hands on a new foundation and concealer. I had been using the Covergirl 3 in 1 for about 3 months now (I am still loving it), but I have a wedding to attend this weekend and I wanted something that would just give my skin that extra something. I wanted full coverage that wouldn't melt away in the heat and would last me through the late night hours.

My sister and I had been talking about Tarte recently, we both like the brand expecially since they are paraben free, sulphate free, and a whole bunch of other stuff free. Now tag on the fact that all of their products are fabulous and you've got yourself a winner. I always love my Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Plus, it has to be my most purchased, most loved foundation, but right now I am in between shades (in that weird half summer tan phase) and I wanted to get something that would just look perfect.

I picked up the 12 hour Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation. I like that it has SPF 15 so that it gives me a little bit of sun coverage without that dreaded flashback. I also thought they had a great shade range. I remember when this foundation first came out I steered clear of it because they only had 5 shades and they were all WAY off my skin tone. I have only tried this foundation today, but so far I am loving it. I would say it is more medium to full coverage, you can definitely build it up though. I was expecting the very thick whipped texture to come off a little cakey but actually it blended into the skin beautifully and looked quite natural. It dries to a beautiful soft satiny finish.

I also decided to grab the Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof concealer. This one sounded like a fantastic option for blemishes, acne scars and any serious redness. It is a thick, high coverage, yet smooth concealer stick. It also says it has vitamins A and E in it which is great if you have any blemishes (they tend to start looking a little dry from very thick concealers). I do not use this one under my eyes, I think it is too thick and heavy for that but it is perfect for the face. I also want to mention that the shades from the foundation and concealer did not match up. I ended up going with shade medium in the concealer instead of matching the foundation shade because it was actually lighter in the concealer. I do not want to highlight my blemishes, I think it is important to try and match your foundation as well as possible for the face.

Next I grabbed another of my beloved NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer for my undereyes. I have talked about this SO MUCH that I don't really have anything to say about it other than it is the best thing I have ever used under my eyes. I do have dry skin under my eyes and serious bags, this stuff does the trick!

I also went on a whim and grabbed a lipstick from my past. The NARS Dolce Vita Lipstick is the first high end tube of lipstick I have ever owned. I loved that colour so much and when it was done I was tempted to grab another but ended up moving on to try new shiny things. Years later I remember how much I loved that shade and the way it looked on my lips and thought I would pick up another, and I rediscovered why I loved it so much. Let me explain a little about this formula, it is meant to be a sheer colour, hydrating, and gently stain the lips. I think it looks SO pretty in the summer for that kissable, moisturized, plump looking lip. This shade is a dusty rose, deeper pink mauvy shade which complements my skintone better than anything else. I just think it is the perfect everyday lipstick and is one of those things that just makes you look better when you put it on!

Lastly I got a Formula X nail polish in a nice summery pinky purple shade. The fomula of this is a bit of a gamble for me, sometimes I get a great one that wears really well and sometimes I get one that chips away fast. But I really wanted to try this for the summer, I love how this nail polish looks freshly manicured when you put it on.

So that is what I got! Hope you enjoyed!!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER