L'Oreal Collection Privee Colour Riche Lipstick

Monday, 28 July 2014





These lippies have been calling my name since they first appeared on display at my local drugstore. I think the star factor here plays a little bit of a role in my desire for these lipsticks, the original L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipsticks were never on my top lip picks, but these beautiful ladies and their famous nude lips had me sold. Not to mention the lipstick packaging is gorgeous and makes the original look a little on the cheap side. I wish L'Oreal would continue to make their lipsticks like these, the black and gold is so sleek and classic.

Each of these lipsticks were designed for the skintone of the celeb on the package, this collection is fantastic because it ranges from very light to very dark, everyone can find their perfect nude. I always say that the drugstore doesn't come out with enough nude lippies, this collection was right up my alley. Since many nudes can look good on each person's skintone, I decided to go with 3 that I thought would look good on me (I am about an NC30 in MAC), these shades were around the middle range of the collection.

Julianne's Nude is a beautiful baby pink, Jennifer's nude is a pinky beige, and Frieda's nude is a nude lilac. All 3 colours are stunning, and I love the way each of them look on me, they each give a very different type of nude look. My advice is not to just stick to the lipstick that you think best matches your skintone, which would also be a great option, but also look at what type of nude you are attracted to.

The lipstick formula itself is on the sheer to light side, I need to apply about 3 or 4 coats to get good coverage and even then you can see your own lip colour shining through a little. It is very moisturizing and has a little bit of a balm like texture. The one big downside in my eyes is the smell, I really can't stand the perfumey scent of these lipsticks, it smells like a lipstick I tried of my mom's once when I was 8 years old. It really turns me off of using these on a daily basis. They also don't have extremely long wear, 1-2 hours tops and there is no trace of it on your lips. If you wanted to rock this look you would need to reapply several times throughout the day including after eating and drinking anything.

Overall these lipsticks are just okay for me, I love the way they look and I love the shades but I don't love the formula, I wish they gave better coverage and lasted longer, and I could do without that smell too...

Hope you enjoyed this review and I will talk to you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Frieda's and Jennifer's nude are my favorites! Love the brown tones, they are for my super pink lips, I totally need a nude to tone them down! Thanks for sharing what you think, I'll give them a check out but I like longer lasting lippies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo yes I love those too! I love that they made so many types of nudes! Its just the smell that turns me off them... Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  2. Such gorgeous shades, i also hate the scent of loreal lipsticks, so off putting :(
    Just followed you on bloglovin' :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the smell just awful?? Thank you so much for following! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  3. I purchased Loreal Products online from Awesome bazar. Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination. Find At https://awesomebazar.com/brands/loreal/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER