June Favourites!

Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Another month has passed by so quickly! It seems the summer months always pass by so fast... But this month there have been a few standouts in my makeup collection and I wanted to share them with you. I always tend to have a mix of high end and drugstore products, I am constantly searching for the best products wherever they come from! And with this summer heat I tend to favour a long lasting natural looking makeup. These products have made it on my top list so lets get into it!


Nyx Creme Brulee and Marvelous Moxie in Rebel

These glosses take the cake for me! I have been really into the natural looking lip and these colours are perfect. They are a little pinkier than my lips giving them a beautiful pinky mauve tone, and they are super glossy and creamy. I love carrying them in my purse and reapplying as the day goes on. I just think glosses give the lips a beautiful dewy moist look for the summertime. 

MAC Tan and Stila Kitten

I love a shimmery shadow all over the lid especially in the summertime. I think it gives the lids a fresh look and really makes the eyes pop. These two have been my must-haves. MAC Tan is an absolutely beautiful shade that I swipe all over the lid, I love it because it isn't your typical bronzed eye, though it has some bronzey tones in it, it also has a pinky beige undertone that looks so stunning. This would be great for anyone with any skintone, it will look more bronzey on light skin and more of a light shimmery shade on dark skin- both are gorgeous. Kitten is an award winnning highlight shade for a reason. I don't think I own any highlight shade more beautiful. I love this for highlighting the inner corner, brows, or cheekbones. I also use it on the lid for a super shimmery look, you can also dab a little on the center of the lid (on top of your eyeball) to really make the eyes pop! The formula is so luxurious, it is creamy, smooth, silky *sigh*.


I've been in the market for some new mascaras lately and I purchased a bunch of them from the drugstore last month. These are the standouts. I was really surprised- I thought I would go back to my beloved Covergirl Lash Blast, but that took a side seat to these two beauties! I always buy my mascara in waterproof- not only because of summer heat but because it helps my lashes hold a curl. For that reason, the formula may be slightly different than the regular and I also find that they dry out a lot quicker, but its a small price to pay! Maybelline the Falsies Flared was kind of an accident buy- I meant to grab the normal falsies but I ended up loving this one! The curved brush really gets under my lashes and pulls them up for length and the small bristles and thicker formula helps to thicken my lashes. I also loved the Revlon Bold Lacquer, It gives me more length than volume but it gives my lashes that false lash effect that I love.


The foundation I have been using and loving in the last couple months is the Revlon Colourstay for Normal to Dry skin. It is very similar to the Estee Lauder Doublewear. It is full coverage and dries to a pretty matte finish but doesn't leave the skin looking powdery, it almost leaves a bit of a nautral skin like finish. It stays on all day long which is what I love most about it, and it doesn't feel cakey or heavy. And as always I love the NARS Creamy Radiant concealer for those undereyes (whats new). 


As for setting my makeup, I have found a new love for setting powder, the Laura Mercier loose setting powder, I like that it has a slight beige tint to it so that it doesn't leave my skin looking ashy. It makes the skin soft as silk and kind of blurs any imperfections. I am also obsessed with the All Nighter Setting Spray by Urban Decay (and I have been for about a year). I think it is the best spray that they carry, it feels refreshing, it gives moisture back to the skin (incase we got a little heavy handed with the setting powder...), it melts the makeup together to make everything blend perfectly and- of course- it helps my makeup last longer! Just an awesome product. Oh I also use this for another purpose! To wet my eyeshadow brushes before eyeshadow application. It can make shimmery shadows much more intense and pigmented!

Lastly I have a post on the Ambient Lighting Powders that I will link here so that this post doesn't get too too long!

Happy July everyone! 


4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try Falsies! Glad to hear it holds up well. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really been loving it in the waterproof formula! If you try the non waterproof formula you'll have to let me know how it is!

      Delete
  2. Hey Jenna, great June faves! I love UD all nighter it just does something magical to makeup! Like you said it blends everything in seamlessly! Ok I have to get mac tan pigment like right now! Its gorgeous! I used to have kitten years ago but I think I might have to revisit it again as it look stunning swatched! I just love everything you mentioned! We have such similar taste in makeup :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! That is so sweet :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER