July Favourites

Sunday, 27 July 2014


I must say, the end of July always leaves me with a bit of a sad feeling, summer is such a short season up north and I feel like it has come so slow and is going so fast! On the bright side, this month I have some absolutely lovely products to show you that I have been adoring this month. 

I am always torn with these monthly favourite posts. In my collection I have a few staple products that stay the same month to month, and I really don't want to bore you with my NARS Radiant Creamy concealer every 2 seconds! Life is too short for that... So I have come to the conclusion that my monthly favourites will feature only products that I have "discovered" each month, so products that change. I will soon have a post up about my makeup staples, and unless I tell you otherwise, those remain in my collection. So, here we go!

Living Proof Full Thickening Cream | 32$ CAN
I heard about this product after watching Casey Holmes (one of my all time fave youtubers) and I have absolutely been loving this all month. My hair is so super fine, I have so much trouble getting volume in it, or texture for that matter, and if there is a product that does give me volume often it leaves my hair feeling crusty, sticky, or so tough that I can't run my fingers through it. Finally a product that gives me great volume while still leaving my hair touchably soft. When my hair is damp I run this through my hair from roots to ends and blow dry it against the root. It gives me great natural looking volume. 

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal | 46$ CAN
I know everyone has been obsessed with the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal and it has been sold out several times on the Sephora website. I am telling you it is not hype, this is serious stuff! I have never seen such a beautiful highlighter in my life, I can't get enough! It is a champagney-gold finely milled sparkling gem. It is so creamy, so smooth, you need such a small amount for intense payoff. I use it on my cheekbones, browbones, inner corner, and sometimes I even apply it on top of a matte blush for a gorgeous glow.

NARS Matte Multiple in Altai | 46$ CAN
In the summer I love a cream contour, I find it so natural looking and airbrushed. It is perfect to achieve that summer goddess, dewy, minimal makeup type look that we all love in the summertime. This NARS Matte Multiple in Altai is a great bronze with an orangey undertone that looks really natural on the skin. It blends out like a dream! You can really build it up if you want more of a strong contour. This is a great way to approach a contour if you're afraid of having that zebra stripe down the side of your face. Cream contours tend to look much more natural and are much more forgiving.

Makeup Geek Angled Stippling Brush | 16$ US
I have been applying my cream contour with this Makeup Geek angled stippling brush which is so soft, nice and dense and is the perfect small size for getting right into the hollows of the cheeks.

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder | 44$ CAN
As you know, I always set my foundation with a translucent powder and this month I have been loving the Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder. First I love how much product you get, this is a big jar, but mostly I am loving the product itself. The beigey yellow undertone really makes the skin look airbrushed and really eliminates the chance of getting that grey cast that you can get from applying a translucent powder too heavily, it can make you look washed out and ashy. This powder is really nice and finely milled and makes the skin feel like silk.

MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Medium | 32$ US
This month I have been burdened with a few serious breakouts that made me desire a little more coverage even after foundation and concealer. I did not want anything that was going to look cakey which can be really tricky with skin coloured powders. The MAC Mineralized Skinfinish is the most natural powder I have ever found. It looks very skinlike, doesn't dry out my breakouts and make them look worse, and just adds a little extra coverage. Great for touchups!

Milani Luminoso Blush
I have talked about this blush before but it is my go-to summer blush. Peachy, shimmery, soft, it is the perfect summertime blush at a fantastic price. It is a must have in your collection!

Maybelline Colourshow Khol Liner in Black
From day to day I have been using a black Khol liner and smudging it out with a dark shadow on my lashline for a smokey, easy look. This Maybelline Colourshow Khol Liner in Black is really great to work with. It is creamy enough that it doesn't pull at the lashline but it is not too creamy that it makes a mess when you blend it out. I have worked with a lot of liners that just make a big mess and instead of smoking out of the lashline they just smudge and make a big liner blob all over your eye- not a look I like to go for.

Left: MAC Grain Eyeshadow Pan Right: MAC Embark Eyeshadow Pan
Jaclyn Hill, another one of my most loved youtube beauty gurus, mentioned these two MAC shadows in one of her recent videos, MAC Grain and Embark. Grain is the most beautiful shimmery lid colour, it is a shimmery beige, almost the colour of my skin and it just gives the lids this gorgeous warm glow, perfect for a smokey eye. MAC Embark is a beautiful dark brown with a hint of plum, perfect for the outter corner or for smoking out the lashline.


Lastly here are swatches of all of these beautiful shades, I hope you enjoyed my favourites and I will posting a bunch of reviews this week! Talk to you all soon!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER