Drugstore Makeup Look

Monday, 21 July 2014


I always get excited about great drugstore products. Sure, if you have the money to spend on high end products thats great, there are some great quality high end stuff out there and many fun things to try. But it is essential for me to have go-to drugstore products that I can count on that fit my budget and look great day to day. I have been really excited about a few new products (and a few old staples) from my collection and I wanted to do a post on how I wear them together. So here is my full drugstrore makeup routine. 



Starting off with a great base is essential for me. I do have some acne at times, and hyperpigmentation so I need full coverage and I want it to last all day. The covergirl 3 in 1 is my go-to, favourite foundation at the drugstore. It gives medium to full coverage, the texture is so nice it is a thicker liquid, it is easy to blend, and lasts all day. The finish is very satin "skin like" to me. 

The Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer is my favourite for highlighting the face and under my eyes. It is quite similar to MAC Prep and Prime but a little creamier and thicker which I really like in comparison. I use the shade radiant which is pink but they also have skintone shades. 

I also chose the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder to set everything in place. It helps us oily ladies out there, and also helps to keep the makeup lasting all day. 


For Bronzer the NYC Sunny is my favourite by far at the drugstore, oh and not to mention it is a steal at 2.99$. It is creamy, blendable and has great buildable pigmentation. I have raved about Milani's baked blushes too many times but I can't seem to write a dugstore post without mentioning them. They are so incredible, I can't believe they are drugstore. Everything from the gold packaging to the colour payoff and beautiful radiance about these blushes makes them top on my list (including high end blushes). My favourite shade is Luminoso which I have here, a peachy pink shimmery shade. 

Left: Hourglass Beige Right: Amber Rush

Again I have talked about these pigments before, actually I dedicated an entire post to them and that is because they are simply amazing. If I didn't know better I would mistake these for the most high end expensive shadow. They are pressed pigments which means they are incredible saturated in colour, and they are smooth, blendable, creamy, and last all day. I apply the amber rush with my fingers on the lid to get intense colour payoff (which also saves you a brush). To highlight on my brow bone, cheeks and inner corners I love this hourglass beige shade! So pretty and shimmery! 

Left: Blame it on Midnight Right: Dance the Tides
Okay are you ready? This is what I am most excited for in this post! In the past I have harped on the fact that I am unable to find any matte blending shades from the drugstore and that I cannot live without my MAC and Makeup geek eyeshadows to blend out my lid colours but all of that is about to change! I found these little gems at my local London Drugs, they are the NYX Nude Matte shadows and they are amazinggg. I picked up 2 perfect blending shades, one a light tan shade and another kind of midtoned warm brown. I use the light tan for all over above my crease and the darker on in the crease for definition. 

Here are swatches of all of the products so far!



Okay the rest of the products I am just going to skin through quickly because I dont think they really deserve their own photos and this post is getting long as it is!

For mascara I love the Maybelline the falsies waterproof, it gives me great volume and helps my lashes hold a curl. Along with that I chose the Revlon Lash Curler because in my opinion it is the best at the drugstore (I know I swear by my MAC but if I couldn't have that I would choose this one).

For liners I love the Loreal gel liner in black, and the Maybelline Eye Khol in Black. I also threw in the Rimmel Scandal eyes liner in Nude for the waterline to make your eyes pop and bring out those whites in your eyes! It is so super creamy and lasts in my waterline all day. 

For brows I picked this NYX powder duo and wax in brown. 

Last but not least I picked the Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait. Honestly there were SO many drugstore lippies I could have picked but this one is always in my bag and I love how it moisturizes my lips and gives a healthy pop of colour!

Hope you enjoyed my drugstore picks!



DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER