The Body Shop Makeup

Wednesday, 11 June 2014





Hello again! I know its been a little bit since my last post but it has been a really busy crazy time for me with work and travel and I have just not had enough "me" time to get my posts up! Finally after a long day at work I promised myself that I would just take a half hour to chill out and write a little post (at midnight... oops!). So, while I was out and about on my travels, I was doing a little window shopping and ended up elbow deep in the nearest Body Shop which is mainly a skincare shop if you haven't come across one. Since my skin tends to be a little sensitive to new products I tend to stick with my normal skincare routine and rarely veer off my normal stuff. So I decided to check out their little makeup section which I had never paid much attention to before. Normally if I am ready for a good makeup shop I will head to Sephora or MAC. I never thought to check out the Body Shop but I was so pleasantly surprised! I do apologize for the sub par photos, I was travelling when I took these pictures, I could not wait to dig into them and I wanted to take the photos before I got my little fingers all in them! 

The first thing I swatched was the eyeshadow. With just barely a touch my finger was just packed with gorgeous pigment and I knew I had to have it. The shades I chose are so summery and beautiful. I chose bronze bliss which is a gorgeous bronze with an orange coppery undertone. It is stunning on the lid for an easy bronzed goddess look. I also love a nice champagne shade and this one, melt my heart, is just stunning. it is the perfect neutral champagne shade. I can use this all over the lid, for a highlight, or just on the inner half of the lid for a smoked out effect. These shadows are SUPER soft, super pigmented and last all day, I am in love with them!

The next purchase which I bought because they had a deal, buy 2 get 1 free, is my absolute favourite purchase of all. The honey bronzing powder, how cute is it, it looks like a little honey combs! How cute is that? It is a honey enriched pressed powder which I had never heard of before. The shade I chose is number 3, medium matte. It was the perfect shade for my skin tone. I did swatch all of the shades, number 2 was too light for me, and number 4 was too dark and orange, number 3 was just perfect. This bronzer is my absolute top at the moment, I reach for it everyday. The colour looks SO natural, in a beautiful sunkissed way where you can see that you have bronzer on but the shade is just light enough that it looks natural and golden enough that it looks sunkissed. I really love that it doesn't have much orange in it at all, when you don't have much of a tan an orange bronzer can look a little harsh. This one is like a brown golden that is just perfect for everyday. I would recommend this over anything else that they offer! It is soft, you can build up the pigment, and it blends wonderfully. 

Hope you enjoyed this little review! 

2 comments:

  1. OOO...love Melt my heart! I've tried a few shadows from them and an eyeliner but it was all such a fail for me! I love how those shadows and that bronzer look like though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post. I have nominated your for the Liebster award.

    beautystreet284.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER