5 Awesome Products Under 5 Bucks

Sunday, 1 June 2014












Continuing with the sort of bargin/affordable drugstore theme I have been going with on my posts this week (must be because my wallet was crying a little bit last month), I wanted to do this fun little post about my favourite products under 5 dollars. Honestly, its not really easy to find products under 5 dollars anymore! Most common drugstore brands (Covergirl, Revlon, Loreal, Maybelline) will have items from 8-20$, but if you are on a budget and are looking to have fun with new products, build your collection or maybe you don't have a ton of money to spend on makeup, these products get the job done. Lets talk about some of my faves:

NYC Sunny Bronzer
I have talked about this one in my drugstore post which you can find here. Honestly this is one of my favourite drugstore bronzers regardless of the fact that its under 5 bucks. I love that its matte, the colour is on the light side so it looks natural, and it is easy to blend and nicely pigmented. I like my bronzers matte as I have said before, it makes it more versatile- you can use it to contour or to bronze. If you're going to get just one bronzer, make it a matte one. This one is nice and warm with orangey undertones, if you are very fair use this lightly so it doesn't come off too orange, if you're tan go nuts- this looks great on you.

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lipsticks
Lipsticks are tough to find on a budget, what I have found in my many trials is that cheap lipsticks have a cheap smell which is gross, no one wants that on their mouth. I have found that these lipsticks barely have a scent, the colour pigmentation is fantastic, they are so opaque, really creamy, a little on the thick side, mind you- they are slightly drying. But if you use a balm under or a gloss over it is perfect. They last really well, mind you they do come off with eating and drinking so beware of that. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick 
Yet another lipstick I managed to find that was pretty nice quality! These are slightly more expensive than Wet n Wild but still under the 5 dollar mark. These ones do have a slightly perfume scent, I will warn you, but they also are nice and moisturizing, while still having great colour payoff. They do have a slightly metallic kind of sheen finish. 

ELF Glossy Gloss
I have raved about these glosses at 3 dollars a pop on my review which I will link here. These are stellar glosses, beautiful shades, non sticky, great colour payoff, I just love them. Pair these with the WetnWild Lipsticks and you have a match made in heaven. 

Wet n Wild Colour Icon Shadows
These are the best shadows under 5 bucks at the drugstore. They are extremely pigmented and blendable, especially the matte shades which is hard to find at a drugstore. I will say that the negative side of these shadows is that I don't always like the colour choices that they put together in their palettes, but there are a couple that I like- Naked Truth being one. They come in 3 palettes and 8 palettes as well!

What are some of your favorite picks under 5 dollars? 


9 comments:

  1. The ELF Glossy Gloss looks awesome, such a range of colors! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen! They are really great especially for 3 dollars! I've used them on friends and they honestly couldnt believe the price!

      Delete
  2. Freaking love the lipsticks from wet n wild and the rimmel lippies! I don't have any but would love those exact shades! I've got 2 wet n wild trios and they are amazing, I'd love more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Sharlynn! I'm so glad you liked them! They are truly great for the price point :)

      Delete
  3. I love all these products! Rimmel lipsticks are my absolute favorite! xx
    Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are great aren't they

      Delete
  4. I can't believe those matte shadows under $5... I think I need them !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine at Walmart :) There are so many colours!

      Delete
  5. NYC sunny bronzer is my go to, it is so good! And I love the pigmentation of the Wet N Wild Shadows. Need to try out their lipstick though.

    CassandraMyee | Beauty | Fashion | Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER