My Favourite Setting Powder

Monday, 19 May 2014






I am a HUGE fan of setting powder, always have been, and probably always will be. I know that some people prefer the look of dewy skin, and I do know that setting powder can really mattify the face, but honestly I find that setting powder helps my makeup last ten times longer, and it helps my bronzer and blush look so smooth and airbrushed on top (if you don't use a foundation that sets up really well, blush and bronzer can "stick" to areas of liquidy foundation and look really blotchy). And with that being said I have gone through my fair share of setting powders. I have tried many types, and I happen to prefer a translucent powder over a skin coloured powder. First of all I find that it looks the most natural, it doesn't mask the colour of the foundation that I have matched perfectly to my skin and most of all I have found that skin coloured powders never look quite right on me, either they change colour when placed over my foundation or they just don't mesh well with the foundation underneath. I also find that they add more coverage which can make you look cakey if overly applied. I do have some excellent options in the drugstore (hello Rimmel Stay Matte in Transparent), but this has to be overall the best, most flawless option I have ever found. 

The Makeup Forever Super Matte Loose Powder #12 really lives up to its name, it does keep me matte throughout the day. More than that though, it just melts into the skin. The powder is SUPER finely milled, like very finely milled- I mean when I tap this stuff out of the cap along with the powder comes a big cloudy tuft of powder. Yes, it can be messy, but honestly that's a pretty small price to pay for such a wonderful powder. I do appreciate that it comes with a sifter, without one it would be a mess. It can be annoying to shake out of the sifter because it can get all over the place, but what I try to do is keep the cap closed, take the puff out and give it a solid shaking, usually enough gets into the cap that I don't need to tap more out. I use this powder all over my face to set my makeup in a pressing motion with a soft powder brush. I don't really use the puff as much, it gives even more of a matte effect to the skin, I would use something like that for a very special event but not for everyday. This stuff does not, and I mean does not cake up your face. That is probably my favourite thing about it, it looks beautiful, and it doesn't overly mattify the skin to the point where it looks unnatural either. 

I also love to use this under my eyes (even if you don't set your entire makeup with it, I would just get it for use under my eyes because it seriously prevents creasing under there and looks so natural). I thought about just showing a swatch of it, because showing you my bare skin with nothing on it kind of made me laugh but I just wanted to show you how it disappears on the skin. I have heard people complain about transparent powders giving off a "white" or "grey" cast to the face that can look ashy, this one honestly does not- and it could be because of the beigeish tinge this powder has. Honestly this is perfection to me, and this is my third pot of this stuff and you know I'll be going back for more!

The only negatives about this would be the messiness and the cost, it is quite pricey, but if you're looking for the best- there you have it! Such a simple product, but a staple in my collection! 


4 comments:

  1. this product looks so great! but im such a mess when it comes to makeup knowing me id spill it all over my carpet haha! id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/temporary-tattoos-with-wwwfaketattoosse.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm not going to say I've never done that.... luckily the sifter prevented too much spilling! I will pop on over.

      Delete
  2. Sounds great! I much prefer a matte look than a dewy look as well; if I don't use powder then my make-up literally slides off within an hour haha xx

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leah! I am exactly the same!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER