Current Spring Makeup Routine

Tuesday, 27 May 2014


I thought it would be a fun change of pace to show you my current makeup routine for the lovely spring season (even though its been quite gloomy and rainy over here), I have still been wearing this makeup whenever the sun decides to peak itself out. 

I love this routine for many reasons, first and foremost I need my makeup to last me all day. I do not have the kind of job or life that really allows me to touch up my makeup every hour, maybe I can throw on a little lipstick reapplication if someone turns their head but for the most part I got what I have thrown on in the morning and the next time I have a chance to look at myself is when I come home in the eve. Its a pretty long winded way to say that my makeup better damn well last me through the day. I don't want to come home and see blotchy streaks of foundation, raccoon eyes, or acne popping out from behind my clever foundation veil. This routine will do that for you (and I don't even need concealer except for under my eyes, lets be real, a girl's gotta hide those bags). 

I also love that this encorporates what I love most about spring, bright colours and fun peachy tones without causing negative attention. It is very subtle and understated but still fun. 

Ill give you the breakdown of the products:

Revlon Colourstay Foundation 
Aka the longest wearing foundation of life with amazing coverage. My sister introduced me to this stuff a little while ago and I have to say I am hooked. She swore by this foundation for years and years, I have only made my way around to it recently. It is a great dupe for the Estee Lauder Double Wear. It looks light, it covers everything, wears long, and though it may feel a little heavy it is so worth it. I trust this stuff like a good friend, I know its still got my back at the end of the day.

Clinique Airbrush Concealer
My lovely sister bought this for me (I know shes pretty popular in this post but we do a lot of our makeup chatting and shopping together and surprise each other with little bits of makeup here and there), it is the perfect undereye concealer for everyday. It feels so super light on the skin, dries quickly, adds brightness to the undereye area and hides any circles. It is so quick and easy to use with the brush applicator.

Makeup Forever Super Matte Loose Powder #12
I won't go too in depth with this once since I have a full post on it here. But I will say that it is the best setting powder of life, seriously. It keeps me matte, looks beautiful and creates a silky smooth base.

Smashbox Bronzer in Suntan Matte
I love this bronzer, it is perfect for the summer, gives the skin a nice rich glow and blends beautifully. I sweep this lightly on the face where the sun would hit and it makes you look sunkissed and beautiful.

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
Yup, this one again. I'm sure you've seen this everywhere, on every blog, every beauty video- and let me tell you its not hype, its serious! This blush is gorgeous. This line of blushes I will say is the best drugstore blush there is, and this one in particular is the best shade in my opinon. It is the perfect peachy pink with shimmer. In the day I don't even use highlighter with this because it gives such a gorgeous shimmer to the skin. It blends beautifully, pick this up- you won't regret it!

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal
Again, I have a post on this if you want to take a peak see you can do so here. This is the most gorgeous highlight for the summer if you're going to add that extra step. I normally do so in the evening for an extra somethin' somethin. 

Urban Decay Cannon Ball Mascara and Blunt Shadow
Urban Decay is one of my fave brands for the eyes and it shows here. The mascara won't give you crazy volume or length, but it really builds my natural lashes, does not smudge or flake and most importantly for me it helps my lashes hold a curl! (Pretty much an impossible feat in my world). The shadow is another one I talked about here. It is the perfect shimmering light gold that is just gorgeous on the lids for everyday.

Bobbi Brown Toast Shadow
A staple shadow for me, a warm tan shade with a little bit of orange to blend out that gold in the crease. The Bobbi Brown shadow line is super blendable, pigmented and luxurious. Can't go wrong here.

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #15
My current favourite pop of coral lipstick. I rave about it here if you are interested. It is the perfect wearable coral for the spring. 

Benefit Gimmie Brow
I always need to top things off with some good lookin' brows. Since mine are sparse I swipe this on. You can check out how my brows look with this stuff on here.

So there you go! My current makeup routine. Hope you enjoy!! 




10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too I just got a new shade and I'm super excited about it!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jenna, I really enjoyed this post. I love seeing what other people love to use on a daily basis. You've got some fab picks! I really want to try the MakeupForever powder and the Bobbi Brown shadow in Toast, infact I swatched it in store the other day and thought it was rather nice :) Thank you for sharing xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much!! That is so sweet of you! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. i really love this post


    http://beautystreet284.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blush colour is gorgeous!
    http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I literally forgot my clinique concealer when I went on vacation and bought another one :|!! I'm now that addicted! I'm rarely the one finding products, always relying on your recommendations (and gifts!), but glad I could help. As always, love the blog, you've made me addicted to a lot of amazing makeup- the most recent being those loreal shades you recommended (love them!), and love that I have a blog I can trust when trying to make my way around sephora :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you didnt tell me that! Thats hilarious! Well I love every product you buy me too! Thanks for always reading my blog, it means a lot :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER