Bumble and Bumble Dryspun Finish

Saturday, 19 April 2014





Okay, okay let me explain! Don't look at me like that. I know the price tag on this stuff *cough 37$*, who said that? *hangs head in shame* Look, my hair has been the bane of my existence for as long as I can remember. I am not a "hair person", nor do I enjoy spending endless amounts of time styling it in the morning. Normally I just do like JLo, put a pin in it and let it rock. I will spend 45 minutes on my makeup and then growl about having to spend 15 minutes doing my hair... What can I say?

Honestly, my hair is thin.... no no..... sorry.... not thin..... fine. As all of my hairdressers say I have "lots" of hair, but each strand is extremely fine (invisible). Fine, thin, whatever it is hard to deal with. I went through a phase where my hair was SO staticky that I couldn't run a brush through it or it would look like I rubbed my head with a balloon for 10 minutes. I ended up changing my brush, my products, my shampoos and finally it smoothed down a little. My sister advised that I stop using volumizing shampoos and start using moisturizing shampoos which I believe was the culprit. So the result is, smooth, and relatively healthy thin/fine hair that falls flat after an hour of backcombing the hell out of it. *sigh* whats a girl to do? I started trying new products. Root boosting products seem to work ok, for my roots, not for my entire head of hair. That is when I spotted this beauty from across the room (more like from across the Sephora store) and I knew that I had to have it.

I had seen mixed reviews on it, some people saying it did nothing and some people saying that it styled quite well. I was determined to have a go at it myself. So I styled my hair as I normally would (reluctantly), and then sprayed this through my entire hair from root to tip. I admit I did spray a generous amount, but the result I could not be happier with. It gave my hair thickness and volume all throughout the hair. It made me feel like I had lots of hair! Amazing!! It also gave my hair "grip" when backcombing (when my hair normally falls out after 1 hour of being backcombed). Now I realize you can use hairspray for that, but it doesn't work as well and doesn't give the hair the same full feeling. I am loving it right now, and if it lasts me a while I will be repurchasing it (unless of course I used the entire can yesterday and in that case I will be pinning my hair up again instead of spending 40$ a day for nice hair). It does give your hair kind of a "dirty" feeling, kind of like what those powders you apply to your roots do. But I really don't mind it, the thickness is totally worth it. If you're going for that blown out bombshell hair look, this is for you.

Also, I would just like to thank you all for helping me reach 200 followers. All of you who regularly comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and I have had such a wonderful time getting to chit chat with you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER