Lush Haul

Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Whenever I can find the time to get to the local mall I try to stop at one of my favourite beauty stores, you guessed it- Lush. I love Lush for many, many reasons. First and foremost it is the best place to get anything "relaxation" that I may need for the many hectic days that we all know and love at school. I also love that they are natural, good for you, ingredients that I feel good about. I have purchased some skincare and shower items from Lush but mostly I pop in to get a few bath goodies. I am a bath lover, it is the ultimate relaxation for me at the end of a long week and trust me is is just not the same without the lovely smell and feel of a luxurious Lush bath bomb, bath melt or bubble bar. Melting these in your bath not only makes it smell heavenly, but it is ultra moisturizing for the skin. I have never felt my skin as baby soft as when I get out of the tub with one of these little guys!

I love when I stop in and they have their special occasion items, this time is was easter! Everything was beautiful and pastel and multicoloured so I had to grab a few items from that collection (we all have to grab limited edition things don't we?). But I also picked up a couple from the regular line.





The Carrot: 
These little cuties caught my eye the second I walked in the door. They come in a bunch of 3, and they are oh so adorable! I just had to take them home with me. These little guys are bubble bars which means you will get a bubbly bath when you drop these in (I usually put them in the tub when I start running the water so that the water mixes these in and you get tons of bubbles). They smell like a tropical vacation with grapefruit, blackcurrant and lemon. The citrus smell is very cheery and invigorating.

Immaculate Eggception Pink:
This is such beautiful, colourful, fun bath bomb. What I found most interesting about it is that it actaully has a little bath bomb inside! You crack it open, and use each side seperately for a bath and you can use the little one inside for another! I admit it wasn't easy getting this guy open (there was some smashing around on the counter...) but overall a really great idea and I love that I get 3 baths out of it. Apparently you can either get a white bunny or a yellow egg inside (mine was obviously the egg). The smell is also a citrusy scent with a hint of vanilla. 

Blackberry Bath Bomb:
I always go around the store smelling all of the bath products until one really attracts me, they are all really great so I guess it just depends on my mood. But this purple blackberry bomb smells delicious. It is very different from the Easter scents, very herbal, relaxing and soothing. Perfect for a long soak, a glass of wine and a good read. Apparently there is an ingredient in this one called frankincense that actually helps to "slow down breathing and induces a sense of well being". I will have to report back on that one. The bergamot in it is used for aromatherapy in relaxation. 

Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds:
Well doesn't that sound lovely? I was actually recommended this one by a friend who swears by it in her weekly bath routine. This is a very large bath bubble bar, you should definitely get two uses out of it maybe three. This one has Patchouli and frankincense. It is also a relaxation, herbal scented melt. It also has some cinnamon and spicy undertones. 

I store my bath goodies in a canister, this one is from the Container Store but you can find them anywhere. I love to use them as decor, the beautiful colours and shapes should not be hidden away in my cupboard. They also act as a bathroom scent, I keep them on my counter near my tub and it always smells so wonderful. It also keeps everything clean and nice (they can tend to powder up everything in drawers and cabinets). I can simply pull one out and drop it in the tub when I feel like a pampering, relaxation night. 

My advice would be to pop into your local Lush and give them all a smell. Scents are very personal, and I would not advise buying these kinds of things on the internet unless you already know what you're getting. Plus its part of the experience!




8 comments:

  1. i absolutely love lush products!! i havent bought any in so long i definitely need to go down to my store and stock up! id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/creme-sheen-in-heartbeat.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I would love to check out your blog :)

      xx Jenna

      Delete
  2. Some incredible picks here! I also love how you stored them <3 I need to try the carrot and blackberry bubble bar out they sound so good! xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you that is so sweet! Yes go an grab the easter goodies while they're in!
      xx Jenna

      Delete
  3. Hi Jenna!

    I haven't been to Lush in so long, trying to use up my stash which I brought in the Boxing Day sale. Seeing those cute little carrots on your post has tempted me to go in and treat myself!

    Joey | www.asecretshopaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always believe in a little self pampering! :) Hope you love them!

      Delete
  4. The carrots are the cutest thing I've seen in Lush! Just stumbled across your blog by the way and loving it so far :) x

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER