L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows

Tuesday, 8 April 2014






I think I may be a little late on the bandwagon with these shadows. They have been out for a pretty long time now, but if I'm being honest I have never been a huge consumer of drugstore shadows. I really love my MAC, Urban Decay, and Makeup Geek shadows and I have never found a reason to buy drugstore shadows since I have so many! Especially since I received a bunch of palettes over Christmas that are just lasting me forever. But after breaking out my MAC pigments for the spring time I thought, why not try some new shades. I do love a beautiful metallic, shimmery colour for the lid in the summertime!  I am quite picky with eyeshadows, they need to be blendable, long lasting and intensely pigmented.

The packaging of these is great. They feel more high end with the sleek glass pans. I really like that you can see the colour of pigment through the glass, they look gorgeous. I know it says to keep the little plastic piece on top of the shadow when you close it (probably so that it doesn't fall apart if you toss it around) but honestly I found that it shaves chunks of shadow off if you're not careful so I decided to chuck them and just be careful storing them.

These shadows come in beautiful shades from pinks to coppers, blues and whites. The colour pay off is intense and wonderful. One swatch is all I needed to show these guys off. They last all day and don't crease (though I use a primer). Most of the shades from what I could tell were a metallic, pearly, shimmery finish. I like this a lot for the summer time blended out with some matte shades in the crease. I think I saw one matte shade but it was sold out! The formula is like a pressed pigment. Very soft, I would describe them as a creamy powder. It is literally the same texture as Stila Kitten shadow if you have ever tried that one (who hasn't really). You could apply these with fingers or a synthetic lid brush. They go on the most intense for me with fingers. If you add a little Fix plus or some urban decay setting spray to your brush before you apply it you will get an even more intense metallic, wet looking finish. They also blend into crease shades beautifully.

The colours I chose were Amber Rush which is a coppery bronze with an orange undertone, Hourglass Beige is a metallic cream shade with a warm undertone, and Forever Pink is a light pink with cool undertones.

I have to give these a rave review! I am absolutely in love with them.

13 comments:

  1. these colours look so lovely! what beautiful metallic shades. id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/spring-petals-ootd.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Amy, I would love to pop over to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try Forever Pink! It looks such a beautiful colour! Great review :) x

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want amber rush but unfortunately they don't sell this shade in the UK :( looks beautiful though, great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Aw that is such a shame they are such great quality! I hope you can get your hands on it online or maybe during some travels!

      Delete
  5. These do not look like drugstore shades! Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! The pigmentation is amaze - I'd love to see a post of a makeup look with these eyeshadows :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Charlotte! That is a wonderful idea I will have to post one soon! xox

      Delete
    2. I also forgot to say that I am LOVING your blog xx

      Delete
    3. Aw that is so sweet, put a smile on my face today! I was actually just over on your blog giving it a good read and I have been so enjoying it! xx

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER