Benefit Boi-ing Concealer

Friday, 25 April 2014






Happy Friday everyone! I am excited to tell you that I have finally finished my final exams (for the last time in my life might I add which makes it even more satisfying)! I have one more year left at uni to complete my masters degree and it will be based on papers and presentations. Congrats to all of you who have survived your own finals, I know how it can take a toll on you (I have developed some kind of eye twitch and some awful sleeping habits during this time). Now I can try to relax and unwind a little. However, life is not at a complete halt for me, today I am working on my research proposal and posters for conferences I will be attending soon. Nonetheless, it gives me a little more time to read my fave blogs, take some photos, and write some stuff up on my little corner here.

Watching one of my all-time favourite makeup artists Lisa Eldrige on YouTube has sent me on the mission to find the perfect blemish and spot concealer. She is famous for knowing how to make skin look flawless and... well.... still look like skin! She uses a sheer foundation and goes into any problematic areas with a heavy duty concealer and a pin-point brush like an eyeliner brush and spends a good amount of time covering only where is necessary. I really wanted to try this method on myself but my liquid concealers just weren't cutting it. I decided to go and shop for a potted concealer to do the trick. I ended up purchasing this one, Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer. It is actually marketed for under the eyes as well as spot concealing. I already have my holy grail NARS Creamy Radiant for under my eyes but I did test it out anyway. To no one's surprise I didn't prefer it for under the eyes. It is a very thick concealer, it looks quite heavy and it does settle into my creases despite the claim that it does not. Honestly I am in a long term relationship with NARS Creamy Radiant so it would take something completely impressive for me to break-up with it. 

In terms of how it works for the face, it is fantastic. It is full coverage, long wearing and creamy and blendable. My only caveat is the colour selection. Shade 1 was too light, and you don't ever want to highlight any areas of imperfections. The second shade was just too orange. It doesn't match my foundation properly so I find that it just doesn't look quite right. If you can find your shade in it this is perfect. I may keep looking for a couple different ones and report back when I find my perfect match. 


6 comments:

  1. I love Lisa Eldrige too! Her tutorials are my favorite to watch on YouTube. Great review! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Isn't she just fantastic? I think I have watched all of her videos twice! hahaha

      Delete
  2. i absolutely love benefit makeup, and have been on the hunt for a concealer for a while, but have always been a little bit sceptical about this product. i am very tempted to give it a try though! i'd love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/soap-and-glory-sit-tight-4-d.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you do give it a try! It is pretty thick for an undereye concealer but I do like it for the face. I will pop on over and check out your posts!

      Delete
  3. I've always been curious about that concealer! Thanks for sharing!

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER