New Maybelline Colour Tattoos

Wednesday, 19 March 2014



The Maybelline Colour Tattoos are the closest I have ever come to finding a MAC paint pot type primer at the drugstore. In general I love them and I find them extremely long wearing and pigmented, creamy, and easy to blend on the lid. The only problem I have ever had is that there are no matte shades available. I personally like priming my lids more with neutral matte shades and the closest they have to a neutral shade is barely branded which is extremely shimmery and shiny and is a little too light for my skin tone. I was really excited to see that they came out with a few new colours as a part of their nude line.

I was looking at the four colours they had at my local drugstore. It was hard to see through the glass jars if they were matte or shimmery and I was really hoping for some matte shades. There were 4 colours available, I did not pick up the black or the lightest champagne shade and instead decided to go with this dark cool toned brown and a peachy beige nude. When I opened them up it was easy to see that they do have shimmer in them, but it wasn't as frosted an intense as the barely branded shade.

I think that the colours are really beautiful, and I like that they are both colours I could wear everyday. I think the Beige-ing Beauty would be perfect for an everyday eye look just to smudge all over the eye from lash to brow. With a little contouring added after I think it would be a very elegant look. The brown is perfect for any smokey eye, I would blend this up to the crease and use brown shadows on top to create a super smokey look.

I really hope Maybelline comes out with a couple matte shades soon! I think these are really great bases, they are a lot more liquidy in texture to the MAC paint pots and they go on a little more sheer. Nevertheless the wear time is extremely comparable!

Let me know what you think!



DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER