Current Skincare Routine

Thursday, 6 March 2014

Over the past 6 months or so my skin has been unusually under control, with only the occasional hormonal breakout. Every morning I wake up expecting my skin to go back to the way it used to be, uneven, acne prone, and unmanageable. Over the years I had tried every drugstore product available and honestly some of them just made it worse, or had no effect at all. I talk about this more in my favourite facial cleanser post that I will link here. Anyways long story short, I ended up investing some money on good skincare products. Once I found products that worked for me I didn't stay too much unless they were small sample sizes (since they are super expensive). The line I depend on for the most part is Boscia. All of their products are gentle, natural, and smell wonderful and herbal.

These are the products I use on an everyday basis:


The cleanser I have talked about before and honestly I am still completely in love with it. If you want to see more about that just go to the other post so I'm not blabbing on for too long. Basically I believe this cleanser is the main reason my skin is so calm and manageable. It leaves my skin clean, moisturized, smooth and soft. I am also really enjoying the smoothing polish. I use it about twice or three times a week after cleansing. It is pretty gentle which is great for my skin and it leaves my skin baby smooth and it washes off very clean. 

For a while I had been trying eye makeup remove for stubborn waterproof eyeliner and mascara. I do wear waterproof mascara on a daily basis because it really helps my eyelashes hold a curl. It can be tricky to get off though, and as much as I love the cleanser it does tend to leave a bit of the mascara on and I will get black smudges on my lower lash line that I always need to clean up after with an eye makeup remover. But honestly I hate most eye makeup remover. So come January Boscia had a set at Sephora for 54$ that contained sample sizes of all of their most popullar products which I decided to purchase. It was a great investment, the products are big enough that you can use them long enough to get a good idea of what you like and don't like. I happened to love the Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil. This stuff is perfection. I have never used a makeup removing oil before but I love this one. What I do is squirt 3 pumps into my hands and work it into my dry face for about 3 minutes. I massage it into my eyes and use my fingers to ever so gently work the mascara off. I let it sit on my eyes and work on the rest of the face. By the time I am done my face looks like a makeup smeared mess but I just rinse it off and follow up with a pump of the cleanser. I really like that the oil dissolves all of the makeup and the cleanser rinses off any residue oil and makeup. This has been working wonders for me, no more left over eye product, no more tugging at my eyes or messy eye makeup remover. 

After that I follow up with toner. I love this new toner I got from Mario Badescu, it is the Cucumber Cleansing lotion. I really wipes off anything residual from the face, I feel like it really disinfects and prevents bacteria from staying on the face or in the pores and it does not dry out my skin. I equally love the Lush tea tree toner but I have just been using this one lately. 

If you read my Sephora Haul post you will know that I love the Glam Glow Mask for any breakouts on my skin, to spot treat over night or applied as a thin mask all over for an hour if my skin is in rough shape or to prep for a night out.

Moisturizer is the one thing I haven't completely got down pat yet. I mean, I like all of the ones I have tried, but haven't loved any so much that I must go out and purchase another as soon as it is done. I like the Bosica ones, but don't love them. Once the little tubes were done I wasn't so sad to see them go. The ones I tried were the Self Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture. I had the day and night ones. I honestly didn't like the night one very much, it was not hydrating enough at all. The daily one was fine, very light, blended in easily but I didn't find anything amazing about it. Now, I received some samples with my points from Sephora. The first one was the Algenist overnight cream and oh my gosh I am in LOVE. There has never been a night cream I looked forward to applying at night, until this. It is so creamy, so buttery, so hydrating, smells beautiful and absorbs into the skin perfectly, not too fast but it also doesn't sit on your skin forever an get all over your pillows. Too bad this stuff is actually like 100$ a jar.... What am I going to do!? *sigh*... You can see how thick and creamy this stuff is. I would say its like a cross between a balm and a cream.



I had also used my 500 points to purchase the FRESH skincare sample box, it came with the facewash, the moisturizer and the oil. I don't care too too much for oils. My skin is not that dry and I don't really like the way it feels. They never quite absorb the way I want them to. I much prefer creams, and I was not disappointed by the Youth Preserve Cream.  It smells quite strongly, like roses actually... But it is very lightweight, and absorbs quickly for the day time. It also makes my skin look more radiant and kind of tightens things a little. A normal jar would be 50$, I guess with skincare you do get what you pay for most of the time. I thought it would be nice for you to see how the consistency is quite different from the Algenist. It is light and much more lotion textured. Kind of like a milky cream. 


So I will likely be testing out new moisturizers when these samples are done, only because of the prices. Maybe I will be able to find something a little easier on the wallet that is just as nice. If you have any suggestions please leave them below!



DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER