YSL Babydoll Mascara

Saturday, 8 February 2014

Every year around the holidays I pick up the Sephora Lash Stash which contains 12 of the year's most popular mascaras. I always feel like its a great way to try out mascaras without investing 20-30$ on each one. I also find that they are more economical, mostly my mascara hits the 3 month mark before I can finish it up and I have to throw them out, with these little babies I can finish them up in about a month or two each and toss them guilt free!
I was most excited about the YSL Babydoll mascara because of all of the hype that surrounded it this past year. So, it was the first one I opened up. I am almost done with it now so I thought it would be a good time for a review and some photos.


The wand is thin and rubbarized, you can really get down to the root of the lash with it and just lift and lengthen each one. My biggest pet peeve are the wants that bend at the bristles when you try and comb through your lashes (I know you know what I'm talking about), this one is very sturdy and doesn't bend on me. I like the little bristles, they are not too close together that they will wipe mascara off the lashes when you do a second coat, which I have had happen with other mascaras in the past! But they are also not far apart enough that you get clumpy lashes.


First a bit about my lashes: as you can see they are short and thin (every girl's dream right?). So i always need a mascara that is going to give me both length and volume. The other issue I have with my lashes is that they can not hold a curl for the life of them. I always go for waterproof mascaras because they are not water based (water on your eyelashes makes them droop!). None of the mascaras in the lash stash are waterproof, but sometimes I can get away with curling them again after I apply. I went ahead and applied coats of mascara to my lashes.



So as you can see one and two coats look great. I will normally use two coats on my lashes so that they look as full as possible. Three coats causes my lashes to droop and look quite clumpy (I have yet to find a mascara that looks good after 3). I did not curl my lashes after applying any of the coats. So you can see that it holds a curl pretty well. The mascara separates my lashes and gives a good bit of volume and length. I am pretty happy with this mascara, but for almost 40$ I don't think I will purchase the full size. Honestly I have drugstore mascaras that give me a great effect as well that are around the 10$ mark. If a high end mascara really impresses me I will splurge on one every now and then (hello Makeup Forever Smokey Lash Waterproof!). But it doesn't happen to often. I did really enjoy this mascara, and I would recommend it if you can afford to purchase high end mascaras like this often. But for me, although it was great, it didn't wow me enough to swear by it!

Jenna 

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER