Sephora Haul

Thursday, 27 February 2014

I dropped by Sephora last week to repurchase the Glam Glow supermud mask that I just cannot live without anymore (yes its that good) and of course as per usual I left with more in my bag than I had intended!


Along with the mud mask, I got the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in the shade Naked, the Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in the shade Nude Beach, and the Bare Minerals Stroke of Light in shade Luminous 2.

I have had a little time to experiment with all of them, and since this is my second Glam Glow Supermud Mask I am very clear about the results of it. This mask is one of the only masks I have ever used that gives me immediate, visible results. I notice right after I take it off that my skin is tighter, brighter, smoother, less red and it also allows makeup to look more smooth on the skin. I use this mask about half an hour before I start getting ready for an event, it really makes a difference in how my makeup looks. I also love this mask for clearing up pimples around that time of the month (you know if happens to you too!). I am not going to sit here and tell you that it completely clears pimples after one night, but it seriously helps speed up the time it hangs around, controls redness, and brings all of the crap to the surface so that you can get on with your life quicker! For these reasons this is my second pot of this stuff. I use it in a thin layer all over or simple use it to spot treat, it is a must have in my skincare collection!

Lets talk lipstick. The Urban Decay Revolutions lipstick is just a staple for everyday wear. I love the formula, it is just creamy enough that the staying power of the lipstick is really good, but my lips do not look or feel dry, which is a tough combo to perfect! I also love the shade range. The colour I picked, naked, is just the perfect pinky nude without looking washed out. It adds life and brightness to the face without looking overdone. I could wear this with a little mascara and concealer and be good to go, or dress it up with a full face of makeup and a little gloss to go out at night. As you can see by the tube I have been wearing this literally everyday. The packaging is super sleek, beautiful and is almost impossible to get dirty (I am talking to you NARS)! 



The second lipstick I bought was the Too Faced La Creme Lipstick. I have never used a lip product from Too Faced before, and actually I don't use a lot from their line in general. But I spotted a line of nude lipsticks in their collection and headed straight to the display to swatch them, and oh did I love this colour. I love my nudes, and everyday wear colours and I have never seen a colour quite like this one. It is like a nudy pink with purpley undertones which I thought was just so stunning. I also liked the feel of it on the back of my hand. As the name suggests it is extremely moisturizing without taking away from the colour payoff. When I got home and put it on though, I did notice that it emphasized the dry spots on my lips and tended to settle into lines. That being said, a good lip scrub will make your lips look nice and smooth so that it looks perfect. The staying power is about 1 hour, but I can feel the moisture for longer than that, it has the feeling almost like a little bit of moisturizing oils are in it, which I love! Not to mention I am a sucker for sleek gold packaging, you are so gorgeous stop it!


Last but definitely not least is the Bare Minerals Stroke of Light. Recently while watching American Idol I was gushing over Jenn's gorgeous skin. It is always glowing, like really who's skin is really that gorgeous... But it inspired me to add a little bit of glow to my foundation routine and move away from the harsher highlighting products I have been using (I do love my Mary Loumanizer though, don't get me wrong!). For the daytime though, I do like to have a "glow from within" look that is hard to achieve with powders, they just don't look quite as radiant. This product is marketed as an undereye brightener but I am using it to highlight my face. I bought shade 2 which is a yellow shade, if I were to use it for my undereyes I would chose a pink tone to correct, but on the rest of the face pink can look a little washed out if you don't naturally have pink undertones in your skin. This shade is just beautiful and it seriously makes your skin look like its glowing! The coverage is quite sheer which is perfect for highlighting, and the doe foot applicator makes it easy peasy to apply, I am in love!


Alright that's all for now! I am really enjoying spending more time blogging and reading all of your blogs now that midterms are all done. Let me know what your new must have products are!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER