Maybelline Baby Skin

Thursday, 6 February 2014

Recently I hit up the drugstore for some new finds. Drugstore brands have been getting very good at developing products that are quite similar to high end, they have come out with highlighters, colour correctors, primers, cream blushes- all of which I had never seen in the drug store 5 years ago. I decided to pick up the Maybelline Baby Skin primer because I have been loving the Benefit Porefessional and I thought that it might be a good, more wallet friendly alternative. The packaging is so cute.

When I applied this product to my skin it was a lot thinner than the porefessional, and it is clear in colour (the porefessional has a beige tint that helps with my redness). The texture is quite similar to the Lancome la base pro if any of you have tried that one. It has that silicone feel that most primers do, but this one was very slippery compared to most. It does not fill in pores like the porefessional, it simply blurs them a bit. The thing I was most upset about was that I found my foundation slipping off my skin a lot faster. I wouldn't really bother with a primer if it didn't help my makeup stay on longer, and this one actually made my foundation break up a lot faster. I am still trying to play with it, I like to give things a second...or third...chance but it is not looking too hopeful!
Let me know what you think of this product.

xo Jenna

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER