Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Sunday, 2 February 2014

If I am going to invest my money in a high end foundation that is 50+ dollars it needs to meet my high expectations which is why I really love doing reviews for all of you so that I may be able to help someone either save their money when products are not good or I can help direct someone to a product that has worked really well for me. I purchased the Estee Lauder Double Wear about a month ago so I would say I have had enough time to give it a good review. The shade selection is really nice for this foundation. They have warm, cool, and neutral shades so it should be very easy to find almost a perfect match. The packaging of the bottle in my opinion is only okay. I think it would be way easier to use (and not to mention much more sanitary) if it had a pump. If I am paying that much for a foundation it should include a pump, even squeeze bottles are better to me. That being said, the glass bottle looks very expensive and beautiful and it is slick and nice for travel.



Now, on to the actual foundation! The coverage is fantastic, it is most definitely full coverage. It is not going to be one of those foundations that you put on and look naturally flawless. But, the formula is not thick feeling like many other full coverage foundations I have tried. It is quite similar to me to the Revlon Colourstay (the original) in the way it applies, and the long wear. So if you want a drugstore dupe- there you go! The major difference to me is the way it feels, the Revlon does feel like a heavy mask when it sets but the Estee Lauder continues to feel lightweight on the skin through the day. When I come home from a long day of work it is still completely covering everything I want, minus areas that get rubbed a lot like around my nose. The finish is matte, but does not make the skin look flat like a powder would.
You really need to make sure your skin is moisturized when you use this foundation, it will help with the finish and prevent the foundation from emphasizing any dry areas on the face. A primer also helps, it smooths the skin's surface and helps to add a layer between your skin and the foundation which will also prevent the foundation from clinging to dryness.
I have tried touching up this foundation in the day and that was my biggest negative about this foundation. If you try to apply more of the foundation on top of foundation you already applied it turns into a big, cakey mess that is REALLY hard to remove! I tried reapplying the foundation around my nose one night before going out without completely redoing my makeup, and it just caked up and looked SO terrible that I had to take it all off and redo it.

Overall I would recommend this foundation for those people who want full coverage and long wear. Applying a powder on the areas that get oily or rub off is a good idea (rather than reapplying the foundation itself). I do not have oily skin so I cannot speak to how it prevents shine during the day.

I hope you all enjoyed the review, and had a great weekend!


Jenna

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER