NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Lets just take a minute and talk about undereye bags, because honestly I woke up this morning and I looked at myself in the mirror in horror- seriously I pretty much looked dead. It might be a combination of feeling a little bit of a cold coming on and being in school (hello late night studying!), but honestly who wants to walk around in the day looking like a zombie??
I have tried my share of undereye concealers, and like I said in my drugstore post I have had some luck with maybelline; but when I need heavy duty please make me look alive coverage, I normally go for a something a little more high end. I have tried MAC prolongwear concealer as all the YouTube gurus have said but honestly with my dry undereyes it just makes it look like a wrinkly, crepey mess and instead I look like I'm about 100 years old. I am trying some different creams to moisturize there (which I will get to in another post) but for now I'm workin with what I got.
So I decided to give the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer a go since I heard that for some people it caused creasing under their eyes (which to me rings moisturizzinnngg!). So I went to my local sephora and looked at the shades. Now I like to look for a pink based tone or peach under my eyes to colour correct those pesky blue circles, but you need to be careful not to go too light or it will simply look grey and ashy. I ended up selecting the "custard" shade which could not be more perfect for me. It is almost exactly one shade lighter than my skin with a peachy undertone. It erases those dark circles like nothing else I have tried and does not cause that awful wrinkling. I just apply it with the applicator (a few dots from inner tear duct to outer eye) and then I blend it in with my fingers, or sponge. Then I simply set it with the lightest and I mean lightest  dusting of translucent powder (right now I am using the Makeup Forever Super Matte Loose Powder) and I am good to go! Lookin alive ;)




DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER